Monday 4 March 2013

FINAL MAJOR PRESENTATION

                                             

                                                      FINAL MAJOR PRESENTATION

                                                                            CV

The first stage of module is to design an interesting CV. Something interesting to catch the eye of art director book publisher etc. Something creative like the examples below......






                                               Like the simplicity of this, clean, bold.



        Like the UNIQUE MIX idea, communicates this girl is a bit differen,t showing off her USP.


                                                                            BOLD
.
 


                                                                 Like the book idea.

I need to think about my skills as an illustrator. What are they? How do I promote those skills?
My strengths lie in the traditional skills such as print, typography, paper cutting/collage of bold graphic shapes. My final project consists of a childrens book and non fiction book covers. Therefore my CV must communicate this to the viewer.
Thinking of a fold out paper design in the shape of a house perhaps? or a book cover? Wonder whether to merge the two?

My experiments with these ideas have not worked as I had hoped ARGHHHHH! Back to the drawing board!
Thankfully I have found a new avenue to explore, which brings my bachground in fashion and my interest in bold grarhic paper cut shapes and typography to the fore. I have created a hand bag which opens up to reveal a cv inside.



 
 
 Like this idea for a buisness card perhaps? Want to create a clutch bag shape for cv to fit into.
 

 
I am really happy with this idea but would like to also put my name across the top and illustrator across the bottom.
 
BUISNESS CARDS.
 
Have been looking at Moo. com to produce buisness cards.
However they will be usual format of image on front and details on back. Wanted to create something a bit more exciting, like the examples below.
 








                          These are some my ideas. Like the idea of cut out with image behind it.







Although I have spent some time creating buisness cards, they will not be easily reproduced on mass. Therefor I have looked to Moo. com to produce two cards which give a taste of both my graphic style as well as my book childrens book.
 

 



 
 Discussed with tutor the idea of gift bag for viewers to take away their buisness cards gifts etc

 
Would like to produce a stamp/print of my brand logo to place on front of bags. Perhaps a lino cut.
 

 
 Thought it would be nice to have a range. Some brights as well as the brown paper bag.
 
 


 
Have cut in logo to brown bag and backed with black card.
 

 
 
Due to the fact that one of my final projects is a childrens book. I felt it important to introduce some of the characters into the promotional material. Therefore, I have produced a tag to fit onto my bags.
 

 
 

 
The bag gives the viewer the means to carry whatever promotional material they collect.
 
The next idea is a concertina book showing both styles.
Below is a mock-up. Like the idea, however need to create front cover for this.
 
 


Thought this was a good mix of two styles. Using bold shapes and child like image.


                 
The next idea is a postcard. These are the two images I have selected.
 

I have also had several greetings cards to sell at exhibition. I am pleased overall all although I have taken out a couple of weaker images.
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment